Massena Olde Car Club
We hope that the following tips help your summer
cruiser survive the winter months with minimal problems:
- Wax your vehicle before storing it for the winter.
- Clean the interior,dress all vinyl and rubber.
- Completely drain the coolant system and put in fresh antifreeze with at least
-20 freezing point.
- Change the oil & filter.This will give the internal engine maximum rust and
- When you get your vehicle out of storage run the engine for a short time and
change the oil & filter again.
- Store your vehicle in a dry place.
- If you cover your vehicle use only soft cotton or comparable materials that
breathe and allow air circulation.
- Descant is a good absorber of moisture.Go to a hardware store and get 3 or 4
bags of descant.Put a couple of bags in the interior of the vehicle and 1 or 2 in the
trunk.This will help minimize condensation & rust.
- Disconnect the battery while the vehicle is in storage.
- If possible start your vehicle at least once a month and let the engine fully
* Massena Olde Car Club Inc. would like to thank the
Seaway Cruisers Classic Car Club for providing this information.We would also like to
thank Automotive & Collision (3445 Main,Springfield,Oregon 97478) for creating
this check list.
- Massena Olde Car Club Inc. recommends placing a vapor
barrier between your vehicle and the floor of the building where your vehicle is
stored.The vapor barrier will help keep the moisture away from the under carriage of your